[Back to All Positions](index.html)
# About NFI
NFI is a fully integrated third-party supply chain solutions provider. Serving customers around the world, across a
variety of industries, NFI is dedicated to providing customized, engineered solutions that propel a business to
succeed. NFI's business lines include dedicated transportation, warehousing, intermodal, brokerage, transportation
management, global, and real estate services.
Privately held by the Brown family since its inception in 1932, NFI generates more than $2 billion in annual revenue
and employs more than 12,600 associates. NFI operates approximately 50 million square feet of warehouse and
distribution space, and its company-owned fleet consists of over 3,000 tractors and 12,500 trailers.
The NFI Logistics' Brokerage division is building a new web-based Transportation Management System from the ground up.
We're a small development team with extensive experience writing software for the logistics industry and we're looking
for a few more developers based in the Chicago area to help round out our team.
## Engineering Culture and Values
Our team has established a strong culture where high code quality and test coverage are the status quo. At the same
time, we're also focused on minimizing the friction involved in taking an idea, and realizing it in production code.
We regularly practice pair programming, and all code changes get reviewed. Our continuous integration practices ensure
that code style and test coverage standards are maintained, and we hope to evolve toward continuous deployment in the
future. Our team size and horizontal structure enable us to empower team members to find self-guided solutions in a
creative and supportive environment.
We are building our system using Domain Driven Design principles alongside utilizing CQRS and Event Sourcing design
patterns in any subdomains where it is deemed valuable. Our data infrastructure is comprised of numerous Elixir
microservices utilizing Phoenix to serve our APIs and web application, all hosted in the cloud.
## About the Role
- Collaborate with domain experts, product managers, and other developers to refine a software domain model following
- Document the domain model as it evolves
- Implement the domain model in Elixir services being careful to avoid unnecessary coupling
- Implement unit tests and integration tests maintaining high code coverage
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
- Implement front-end logic to support interaction with the domain model services
- Take ownership of the production release and operation of your services
## What We Look For
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Elixir or functional programming experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with DDD principles is a huge plus
- Comfortable using a Mac and working in a Linux environment
- Experience using Git
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Generous paid time off
- Performance bonus
- Flexible work schedule
- Budget for ongoing education
- Free daily team lunch
- High quality and well-maintained equipment
- Hosted meetups and community events
- Daily Killer Queen in our Game Room
#### For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org